Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wii are Curious...

So, Nintendo has finally revealed the official name for their new console - Wii. Pronounced "we", the "ii" is supposed to represent the nunchaku-style controller. Also, the "we" is supposed to represent some sort of relationship between the makers of games and the gamers...or something like that. Sounds more like a collective to me. A potentially perverted collective.

"Wii are the Borg..."
"Hey, want to come play with the Wii with me?"

Eh, what's in a name? Remember the Dolphin? The Starcube? The ULTRA 64? Well, that's it for the moment. Just felt the need to get the word out.

Oh, it's not quite it. I beat Ape Escape 3 (well, first run-through) today. Imagine my surprise when I heard the last stage music - it was none other than Gustav Holst's "Mars, the Bringer of War." A nice end of the world sort of theme. Afterwards, I was treated to Mesal Gear Solid...that's right, you, as a monkey must rescue Solid Snake. With a Banana Pistol. I'm not even kidding.

Now it's definitely it. For this post, anyway.

2 comments:

RMartinLP said...

wii are just going to wait and see how that name works out for nintendo. im thinking it's weird, but there are some smart ppl at nintendo. maybe it will catch on...

Joey said...

Eh, I'm not sure the name really matters. Everybody will just call it Nintendo anyway.