Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Final Night

First off, Stephen Colbert is a god among men. If you've not yet seen his little roasting of the president, head on over to iFilm or any other site filled with political clips. I have to agree with Jon Stewart - "balls-alicious"(Colbert's speech, not Jon Stewart).

Conquest of Ape Escape 3 goes well...

Last night, I had a series of dreams. It began innocently enough with a trip to a Renaissance Festival of sorts. This particular festival happened to be on a crescent-shaped island. The inside was surrounded by a line of high mountains (oh, and the middle was a sort of plateau...I think. Well, for a while it was). As I travelled towards the center, I (maybe we at this point) noticed some hovering speederbikes. It turns out these bikers would rush out and grab travellers. This was supposed to be a good thing as the grabbed were the "chosen." You could break away if you wanted, but you'd never be grabbed again. Needless to say I was grabbed and I held on for dear life as we raced across the surf.

At this point, the dream became a sort of arcade game where I teamed up with none other than the Ninja Turtles! It was a high-speed game in which I (with a Ninja Turtle in tow) had to avoid wreckage and islands as I sped along on the speeder bike. There was even a colored HUD, much like the TMNT arcade game. I believe I wrecked at some point and was forced to walk...then I faded into something else...

It began at my house in at which there was some sort of party/gathering. For some reason or another, Jennifer and I began to suspect that my roommate Ken had been murdered. So, obviously since Jen and Ken had the same phone number, she could return home to check and see if he was dead. She called me quickly to report that he wasn't dead. Then she appeared inside the house. How about that?

Then the dream took a nightmarish turn. In this scenario, I was in a basement teamed up with Fox Mulder. He was busy reconstructing a photograph (which reacted a lot like a broken mirror). This reconstruction involved Fox "folding" the image to combine the shards into a larger chunk. There were some demons or something hanging out in the basement...which was fine because we teleported out of the basement and into a stereotypical suburban home. There was a knock at the door...

Fox and I answered it. Wait! Wasn't Fox at the door? Eh, no matter...anyway, there was a woman (a wife?) on a couch behind us and to our right. She began screaming "He's out there!" repeatedly. We ran to her and looked out the sliding glass door near her. As a matter of fact "he" WAS out there. Sort of. A person in a hoodie (face was hidden) had a shovel and was chasing a girl. He swung at her...slowly...and hit her in the back of the leg. She sort of collapsed...slowly. Then the Hooded Slow Shoveler came in through the door. For some reason, this part of the nightmare was the most terrifying and much screaming ensued. This continued despite the fact that hood fell away and we saw a girl. Seemed to be late teens or early 20's. She had a straw and threatened (while laughing and stumbling) to "stick the straw in your (our) asses." Yeah...don't know about that one. I woke up quite confused.

That was wordy!

So here we go...the last night here at BSU. Sure I'll miss a few things...well, maybe 2 things or so...but I'll be glad to head home.

Not quite sure how to end this post...umm...well, we don't need to worry about that. I'll probably be posting within the next couple of days. BOOYA!

No comments: