Sunday, December 04, 2005

Previously on the Kingdom of Fuman...

"It sits there...laughing. Out there somewhere, sits a Sega Saturn. It's laughing...and gloating...it says "HAHA! You'll never get me! I'm far too elusive!" But Mr. Saturn (whoa, Earthbound) would be incorrect. For I see him...sitting on the eBay page."

Remember that? REMEMBER that? So, I'm sitting at my parents' computer Saturday night roaming eBay, mindlessly searching for a Sega Saturn deal. Oh, I came upon pages and pages of deals that were a bit...not dealish. AND THEN! And then, I found a nice little deal. Sure, I'd be paying a little bit for it, but I'd have a 3D controller and about 10 games (including NiGHTs and Sonic 3D Blast). I was close to buying it, but instead asked my dear old mother, "Mother dearest. You have been complaining that I haven't had much in the way of gift ideas. Mayhaps you'd like to purchase this Sega Saturn and games for me?" To which she replied something about not trusting online people for videogame consoles. I then told her I was going to buy it. Then, from the corner of my eye I see my stepdad setting down a USPS box. He opens it and...A SEGA SATURN SMILES AT ME! The heavens parted, light filled the room, and Yuji Naka's beaming face filled the sky. That's right, I'm getting a Saturn for Christmas. Oh yeah.

So, what else has been happening...my dearest Pecan Pie's play opened last weekend! Jennifer (the just-mentioned Pecan Pie) actually has the lead female part. If any of you readers will be in Shelbyville next weekend, I'd suggest shelling out the 5 gil...er...moneys to see it at the Shelbyville Community Theatre. It's called "East of the Sun" and is the wackiest Nordic myth I've ever seen. And that's the truth. The entire cast does a wonderful job and the set looks very nice. They've put in a lot of hard work towards this production, so let 'em know you appreciate them.

I've had videogames on the mind lately...I predict the next post will be about the lovely marvels known as BIDEO GEEMU! That's videogames for all you...normal people. Oh dear...it seems the White Castles I had for supper are wreaking havoc in my tummybox. It's time to rest...and read some more of Douglas Adams' The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul. Until next time, dear readers.

Now Saving...Do Not Take Memory Card Off.
Save Complete.
You May Now Remove Power.

No comments: