Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Potage

This is a post about soup. As some of you may know, I am a diehard fan of soup. I would probably dispatch a baby or two just to get a taste of some heavenly mana more commonly called....soup.

Now, there are many many types of soup out there. If you ask me, thin broths are far superior to those thick, creamy types. I'm not saying I don't like a thick clam chowder or cream of brocolli. However, you really can't beat the nice salty Italian Style Wedding broth.

Here's a list of some amazing soups:
Italian-Style Wedding
Alan Hidy's Kick Butt Soup (not an actual name)
Brocolli and Cheese
Potato and Cheese w/Bacon

That's just a sampling. You know, a lot about life can be explained in terms of soup. For example, sometimes conflicts and situations are just too hot to handle at first. So, you have to stir around a bit, and maybe blow on a few individual parts of your life until you can better handle things. Yeah, that sounds good.

Life's kind of like Italian-Style Wedding, I suppose. The little bits of pasta are the masses. They're nothing too amazing on their own, but as a whole they are very delicious. You just can't imagine Italian-Style without the pasta. You also have those big ol' meatballs. Though few and far between, they have a lasting impact. And of course, those little bits of spinach floating around...they're behind the scenes, but give a nice taste to the broth. Also, they'll surprise you every now and then by sliding around your mouth and letting you know they're there.

I have a million of these. But for now, I'm done. Oh, and some very very very good news. Recordings of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Radio Series have come into my possession. That's all the phases (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quintessential, and Quandary) for my listening enjoyment. OH! And another great discovery. Seems there's a nice little Earthbound remix project called Bound Together. I haven't listened to all of it, but the snippets I did hear sent little waves of happiness through me. Blue, blue, blue...

Well, that's all for now. Say "Fuzzy Pickles!"

No comments: