Monday, October 10, 2005

Alarm Clocks

You know what I like? Alarm clocks. Sure, I wake up before the little guy most mornings, but I'm happy that it's the first face I see when I wake up. He's not like those annoying traditional clocks that tick and tock and all that jazz. No, this guy illuminates the room with his yellowish-orange digits and not a peep. Sometimes I like to look at the clock before I go to sleep and I see that little alarm dot. It comforts me to know that, through this sign, the clock is saying, "Don't worry, buddy. I'll wake you up."

That being said, today was a sleepy day. It was the kind of day where you just want to curl up on your bed and fall asleep on your psychology book. Oh wait, that happened. Except for the curling up part. For you see, it didn't occur to me at the time of reading that I would soon be asleep. Guess I'd better just prepare for that next time.

Coconut chicken wings. Those are probably the best thing I've had since coming to this Ball State place. Sure, a lot of people don't like coconuts. I don't blame them. They look like firm monkey breasts. On a kind of sad note, Aardman Animations (the home Wallace and Gromit and other animations) suffered a fire. I hear a lot of sets were lost, but it was good to hear the creator of the crazy clay duo, Nick Park, mentioning that it's just a minor event compared to other crap going on in the world. The film manager of Ipswich Cineworld described this is as "such a disaster." Meh...

Antics abound last weekend! A good buddy of mine got a little tipsy, and you know how that goes. Though not as intellectual as he usually is when he drinks, he did explain his constant urges to pee by referring to the multiplication tables. He also attempted to spray Easy Cheese to hide the stench of one of my poots. And wouldn't you know it, the cheese fell to the ground. Not happy with that, he then proceeded to lift the cheese from the carpet and hurl it at the ceiling where it remained all night. Good times.

No comments: