Wednesday, October 12, 2005

iWant

As you may recall, I ranted a bit about the stupidity of an iPod capable of playing video. Well, now it seems that will be the only iPod available aside from the Shuffle and the Nano.

Today, Apple revealed an iPod with more battery life than before, video-playing capabilities (150 hours worth of video), and a slimmer design. For now, I am quite happy with my 20 GB non-color model, but the new iPod isn't quite as stupid as I thought it would be. However, the Nano showed us what thinness can lead to...

What's this? iTunes 6? That's right, now you can access the iTunes store and buy video clips for $1.99! These clips include music videos, movie trailers, and full-length episodes of TV shows. Now like I said before, that is an awfully small screen to watch video on. BUT WAIT! Apple has gotten clever...they've made a new dock that allows S-Video output so you can watch your video files on any S-Video ready TV or monitor. Spiffy.

And now, the angry section...I'm not angry at Apple, I'm angry at...umm...something. Probably the fates. See, the new iMac G5s came out. Not only do these have an extra .5 Gig of RAM available, have another possible 100 Gigs of storage, look sharper, have a built-in remote control, but there's a built-in iSight camera. Yes, the $150 awesome webcam that is just about the only one I've found that will properly work with Mac OS X Tiger. Actually, as far as I've seen, it is the only one that reliably works. I've half a mind to raid the iCare Corner on campus...muahaha...

So, that's it. My Apple update. That's about all I have to say right now...

No comments: