Thursday, October 20, 2005

One More Thing...

Alright, so my homepage is the Apple page which makes sense because I haven't changed it. So, of course I check out the news briefs in the middle of the page just so I have a heads up on the goings-on over at Apple. And I saw this...the new Power Mac G5 Quad. As I often do, I decided to pretend like I was going to buy one and built it at the Apple Store...this is what I made (the important parts anyway).

2.5GHz Quad-core PowerPC G5
16GB 533 DDR2 ECC SDRAM- 8x2GB
2x500GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
QUADRO FX 4500 512MB SDRAM
Apple Cinema Display (20" flat panel)
Bluetooth Module + AirPort Extreme Card
16x SuperDrive DL (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse - U.S English
Mac OS X - U.S. English
Accessory kit

$18,662. Wow. 16 GIGS of RAM.2 dual-processors each at 2.5 GHz. Overkill? Oh, most definitely. But that doesn't matter. It's still flippin' amazing.

No comments: