Monday, January 16, 2006

28:06:42:12

The 3-Day weekend has come to an end. Overall, a nice one. Of course it would have ended with a better flavor in my mouth if I didn't have to return to Ball State. Meh, whatever. Coming home Friday was a tough little task, as I really wasn't sure of my ride situation. However, I did make it home and then...to an Ataris concert!? WHA!? Yeah, I went to accompany Jason. It was actually quite a nice little adventure to Carmel, rife with Steak and Shake and Emo kids.

I was happy to find that my Satellite 4-in-1 Cartridge and S-Video cables came for the Sega Saturn meaning that the joys of Sonic Jam were in my grasp! And what a joy it is! Well...not AMAZING. But now with the 4-in-1 I AM able to save games for once. Mmm...NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon...Saturn, I love you! I love you AND your younger brother Dreamcast.

Saturday, I finally got around to watching Donnie Darko. Oh my goodness...I think if you were to soak your brain in acid and then place it in a paint mixer, you'd have an idea of what this film is like. Gay cowboy Jake Gyllenhaal is GREAT as Donnie, mixing a nice little soup of innocence, charm, and EVIL! If you don't nearly wet yourself when he does his little creepy smile, you are not human.

I'm not entirely sure if watching the movie was healthy for me, as it really disturbed me. I mean, really disturbed me. I found myself feeling quite odd afterwards. You see, last school year I had this dream. In it, I was in a large room that reminded me a bit of Rays Crossing church. Anyway, I was gathering with quite a few people (I particularly remember Devon Hubbs being there). We were watching outside as the sky sort of split and a large black cloud came down blanketing the Earth. Then, I promptly died. Unlike most dreams in which I die, I stayed asleep and I proceeded to Heaven. I didn't immediately go because, as I'm sure is actually the case, I had to wait for Heaven to load. That's right, Heaven was LOADING! I then proceeded to Heaven's menu screen and then I woke up coughing and choking on a mix of vomit and pretty heavy stomach acid. Needless to say, I was pretty disturbed about the whole thing. I was SO happy in my dream that I was going to Heaven, that I was disappointed to wake up. I wasn't wishing for death, but the absolute euphoria that came as a result to ascending to Heaven was just amazing...I've never really felt a feeling quite like it while awake.

SPOILERS FOR DONNIE DARKO...BUT NOT REALLY












Two things from the movie in particular disturbed me. One - the "end of the world" was portrayed as the sky splitting and...a black cloud coming down! CREEPY! I hadn't even seen the movie. Another thing - in the movie's final scenes, "Mad World" by Tears for Fears plays and there's a certain point in the song that goes "I find it kind of funny/I find it kind of sad/the dreams in which I'm dying/are the best I've ever had". Hmmm....sound familiar? Hoo boy. Certain little scenes stick out and really scraped at me emotionally and mentally. Watching a hypnotized Donnie clutch at a stuffed dog for comfort, for some reason, nearly made me burst out into tears. Who knows? This movie was great, but be warned! I could easily see this movie (and its website) driving some people crazy.

Well, 4 days until formal with Jennifer! Let's hope I don't snap and eat some faces before then.

No comments: