Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Speed Force, Ted...it's gone.

Whoa. I just read DC's Infinite Crisis #4 earlier today. Just...whoa.




*SPOILERS*






Alright, now that THAT'S taken care of. Holy crap! This comic had a bunch of truly awesome moments. For some reason, when the reinforcements come to help out Superboy just struck me as amazing. Seeing three teams at once (Gar called on the Doom Patrol and Bart rounded up the JSA) just to help defend Superboy really symbolized exactly what the superteams USED to be like. More of a family thing, I suppose. Another really cool moment was seeing Krypto attack Superboy Prime and defending Superboy.

The final, awesome moment was the highlight of the entire book. Yep, we got to see good ol' Barry, Max Mercury, and Johnny Quick. Unfortunately, they didn't come to just chat...they put their all into helping Wally, Bart, and Jay push Superboy Prime into the Speed Force...ultimately, only Jay remained. Hmmm...seems like kind of a really quick death for such well-developed characters. Sure, I preferred Impulse to Kid Flash...but I hate to see the character go! Well, just about anything can happen in the upcoming One Year Later! If Identity Crisis, the Countdown(s) to Infinite Crisis, and Infinite Crisis are any indication of what's coming up, I have a feeling DC is going to have quite an exciting year!

Oh, another side note! I got to read the new Day of Vengeance special. One of my ol' favorites is back - that's right, the angel Zauriel! It's been too long, buddy! You can't go wrong with a Heavenly Host, a talking ape detective, and a cynical ol' dead guy. Highly recommended.

Phew. Well, this post was for all you comic geeks that read my blog. All...0-ish of them. And now for the video game geeks (of which there are considerably more). Animal Crossing: Wild World. Now, I didn't feel QUITE the same magical spark I got from the first AC, but it was close. Some game feelings you just never get again...those moments are few and far between. Good times are upon us. A new keyboard from Apple is in my future. As is an HDTV at my house (in other words, an older big-screen TV for MY room! MUAHAHAHA!).

Well, I just ran out of steam in this here post. So, that's all for now.
Saving Game...please do not remove power...saving...


You may now exit the blog. Loser.

No comments: