Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Super Link to the Past 64 DS II: Director's Cut

Man...it's been nearly 15 years since we were graced with the Super Nintendo. And something like 10 years for the Nintendo 64!? Man...I remember my first glimpse of a Super Nintendo in the JC Penney's over in the Bel Air Shopping Center. Hoo boy. We bought our Super Nintendo some random night at Wal*Mart. The only thing I remember is sitting in the McDonald's driveway after buying it, and I was nearly wetting myself over seeing that it included Super Mario World! I was completely amazed at the idea of being able to ride Yoshi. Heh...my earliest memory of Nintendo was when my uncle and his Belgian wife taught me that mushrooms come out of the item box based on which half of the box is struck. And that's stuck with me through all my life!

Hmmm...my first Sega Genesis memory? My dad bought it from...Electronics Boutique (or maybe Babbage's) from the Cherry Tree mall (once again...I think). I vividly remember seeing the worker climb up on a shelf to get down the Sega Genesis box. Ohhh yeah...and then there's that time I scrapped together every little bit of cash I could muster in order to buy Sonic and Knuckles from Aldi's.

And finishing up this post, the Nintendo 64 day of receiving. Christmas of...some...year. I'm guessing 1996. I received a new TV from my grandmother and the Nintendo 64. Oh, and a big container of jerky. Ah, how amazed I was at Waverace 64...and Mario 64 (which I recall beating when a TV repairman came to demagnetize our television). And then Shadows of the Empire. THERE was a great Star Wars game. Even IF the code to be a wampa or pilot the Millenium Falcon made my fingers cramped up.

Well, that was a fun little romp down memory lane! Ah, yes...it's been a great 19 years (or so) of gaming! Here's to many many more!

2 comments:

Joey said...

The SOTE code is without question the most difficult cheat code to enter ever.

Anonymous said...

Theres a tear in my eye from all the good memories.