Friday, February 03, 2006

iRant

Morons.

Article Summary:
"Waaahhhh...I bought a music-playing device and I crank up the volume and listen to it constantly. I think my hearing's going. Wahhhh...How DARE Apple makes me listen to my iPod at full blast?"

Seriously, is it REALLY Apple's responsibility to limit how loud the iPod is? Do car manufacturers have to set your car's top speed at 70 mph? How about this whole water issue. If you ask me, it's dangerous to allow something that can potentially scald me if I boil it.

What kind of moron doesn't realize that any sustained sound aimed directly into your ear canal will cause hearing damage? The iPod's pretty loud, even at lower volumes (I usually have mine around 1/3 or 1/4 of the max volume) and I have had no difficulty hearing it. If outside noise really interferes THAT much with your headphones, purchase noise-cancelling ones or shut off the iPod. MORONS! Which reminds me...

There is a terrible evil a-brewin'. My buddy Jason has noticed this, as have I, but today I had a very concrete experience. People don't read. Now, I understand that constantly having your nose buried in a book is not everybody's ideal pasttime. In our brilliant little speech class, we were asked what our favorite books were. Probably half of the class claimed that they can't even remember any books they've read. Sad sad sad...

Reading OPENS YOUR MIND, SQUARES! FREAKY! Yeah, I can only stay ranty so long...then I just get goofy. Well, that's all for now.

"Hot Pocket!"
"Pope Pocket!"
"Death Pocket!"
"Diarrhea Pocket!"

No comments: