Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Get a Life!

First off, I've nearly completed reading Get a Life, written by the one and only William Shatner. It's a good book, I must tell you. But anyway...

I had about 34 good ideas about what to post tonight. And now, at about 9 p.m. they have all fled my head. However...I do remember one bit. My comedic heroes. Now, I like most peoples' stand-up (barring such people as Todd Glass and that worthless Larry the Cable Guy). There are a few, however that rise above the rest in my mind. Here, in no particular order, are my comic heroes:

Mitch Hedberg - quirky and hilarious. I've also heard that he was a super nice guy! He is dearly missed...
Zach Galifianakis - again, quirky. Likened to a fat Jesus.
Jim Gaffigan - whoo! A comedian from Indiana. Deadpan + "audience" reactions
Denis Leary - one pissed off Irishman. One of the first comedians I ever saw.

Yup. There goes that idea. You should check these guys out, though it's unfortunate that Mr. Galifianakis doesn't have a CD out. You CAN catch him along with some other very funny comics in the Comedians of Comedy, though. Gotta love Brian Posehn.

What else to report? Umm...almonds are good. Oh, so are Twizzlers + Mr. Pibb.

I've been feeling...creative...as of late. This is odd, as I've recently been "recruited" by one Josh Orem to help him out with some of his wacky stop-motion action figure movies. I hope that goes well. I also have some other...bigger plans...MUAHAHAHA!!!

Well, that's all for now. And as has been the tradition for the past few posts...some lyrics.

"Take it easy on me now
I'd be there if I could
I'm so full of what is right
I can't see what is good"

2 comments:

Joey said...

Stop motion action figure movies?! Amazing. If you need any clone troopers, Jedi, stormtroopers, Sith lords, battle droids, or citizens of the Galactic Empire/Republic, let me know. I also have an exceedingly large collection of Jurassic Park figures. I need to dig those out....

Anonymous said...

I made one of those back in the day with my lil wrestling figures lol. If I remember mine wasn't so good. Good memories though.