Monday, February 27, 2006

First 5 Monday...EXPERIMENT!

Well, I greatly enjoy doing the First 10 Friday lists, so I thought that maybe another list on Monday may be a good way to bookend the weeks. I couldn't just stick to the same formula as Friday, or else it would just be the same old thing. SO I'm trying this - The VG First 5 Monday! Same rules as before, only the playlist consists of video game and video game-related music ONLY. I'm still working on the playlist here and there, but I think it's alright for now. Here goes:

1) Collision Chaos Bad Future - Sonic CD (jp)
Maybe this list wasn't such a great idea...I really need to prune out some of the shorter songs. Sonic CD had a very nice soundtrack and had its own unique flavor. Random syllables of vocals abound in this soundtrack.

2) Floating Beaches of Manitoba - Double A Ron (OC Remix)
I have a feeling there will be a lot of OC and VG songs on these lists. This is a remix from Kirby Super Star, and one of the first OC Remixes I ever heard. Kind of poppy and laid-back. I can't recall the name of the original track, but it's prevalent in most of KSS. Good mix except for the sudden ending.

3) Creampuff Starship ~ Theme of Star Herald - analoq
I should come up with a better way to indicate what these songs are from. A more...standard form, I guess. Another Kirby remix! This one is from a collaboration project entitled "Rise of the Star" which focused on Kirby's Adventure. Opens with a wacky stereo reverb, then goes to a funky version of umm...maybe Butter Building? I forget. It was used many times throughout the game. Finally, it ends with a nice electric guitar version of the melody. Great!

4) A Presentiment - Toshiyuki Mori - Final Fantasy V Piano
Can't say that I really know this track too well. Final Fantasy V is one of the few Final Fantasy games that I've not played through. I've heard some good things about it, but I'm sure it won't overtake IV or VI. VI, after all, is my favorite of the Final Fantasies. I can't really choose a definite favorite, but if I had to. This'd be it. Ah, the track. Slow and ominous...then it turns to a harsh minor version of the world map. Don't worry, though. It gets nicer in the end.

5) Epilogue - To My Dear Friends - Chrono Trigger
Yes, there's a definite need for a better standard description. I'll work on something. I very nearly skipped this track, because I'm thinking I want to remove any straight from the console tracks. At least, I'd remove the SNES ones. Why? I don't know. This piece is just so great, though, that I had to let it live on. Chrono Trigger had an amazing soundtrack, and this beautiful ending theme sits very well with the rest of the game. Nostalgic and sweet. The orchestrated version is even better!

Well, that's it. The very first VG First 5 Monday. If this goes on, there shall be some more regularity to the descriptions. It's feedback time! If you read the above list, PLEASE leave a comment. You don't need to be registered or anything. I want to know what you, the readers, think of this segment. It's a small step, but it goes right along with the mission statement of OC Remix.

"OverClocked ReMix is a website dedicated to reviving the video and computer game music of yesterday, and reinterpreting that of today, with new technology & capabilities. This site's mission is to prove that this music is not disposable or merely just background, but is as intricate, innovative, and lasting as any other form."

Hope you enjoyed this list. Leave me a comment.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Good idea, though I haven't played any of the games that today's music was taken from.