Monday, April 24, 2006

The Ballad of Barry Allen

And you say the world goes rushing by
but it seems so slow to me
and you see a blur around you fly
but it takes too long
it seems so slow to me

So, I'm roaming Wikipedia today like I so often do. I then felt the usual urge to read some random wiki articles on random superheroes and I happened to notice that on the bottom of the Flash page that there's been a song created entitled "The Ballad of Barry Allen." I did some searching and found the song for sale on iTunes so I promptly downloaded it. Well, promptly is the wrong word - you see iTunes likes to be painfully sluggish here at BSU (it just gives up on large podcasts completely - no TWiT for me). The song is quite good and offers an interesting perspective on the character of the Flash. Lyrics can be found here.

Is it just me or does Jon Stewart do that little slow eye close thing a tad too much on the Daily Show previews? Just a random thought.

Comics have been on my mind today. Things are just changing so rapidly in the comic world. A new Blue Beetle, a new Atom, Booster taking a starring role...it's just crazy! I'm eager to see where DC takes us, though.

Prommy prom prom. Last weekend was SHS's prom and I attended that happy little gig with my Jennifer. Pre-prom, we headed to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Expensive? Yes. Delicious? YES! Best restaurant steak I've ever consumed.

Prom itself was very very good. Fun times for all! Dancing and TyTy. What more do you need?

Not much more to report...
All quiet on the western front...

1 comment:

Joey said...

My weekend had dancing, but, alas, no TyTy. Though there was this strange drunk chick who attempted to molest me whilst dancing. But perhaps I'll sum up my eventful weekend in a post later on....



Or I won't. I don't know. Kudos on the Ballad of Barry Allen find. 'Tis a good song.