Friday, April 14, 2006

Themed First 10 Friday - My Face Hurts

So, somebody has pissed in our trash room. These amazing BSU students never cease to amaze me. Hoo boy...I'm trying something different with the First 10 Friday today. I've picked a random phrase and searched for each word in the phrase with iTunes. The result? The "My Face Hurts" playlist! Alright! I don't know how some of these songs wound up on the list...but we'll let it go.

1) If You Don't Love Me (I'll Kill Myself) - Pete Droge
Interesting little song featured in the Dumb and Dumber soundtrack. Nothing too amazing here, just your standard mid-90's rock I suppose. Enjoyable.

2) All in My Head - Shawn Mullins
Whoa there, Mr. CheaterCheaterFaceEater. This was mentioned in last week's Music from Scrubs bit. What do you know? The song hasn't changed since then.

3) Be My Yoko Ono - Barenaked Ladies
WONDERFUL! I love this song...it's silly and at the same time a bit lovey. It has a really nifty, upbeat sound to it. The iTunes originals version features an extended little "Yoko Ono scream/singing" segment which is..uhm....interesting.

4) Penny Lane - The Beatles
This appared solely based on the album name (Magical Mystery Tour). So, technically it shouldn't be on the My Face Hurts list. But oh well. You probably know this one. If not, make an attempt to. It's...okay.

5) That Face - John Pizzarelli
Not an excellent post-speech class song. A smooth quiet jazz song. I don't recall a lot of it...I think it may have lulled me into a walking sleep. I think it warrants a re-listen, but not right now. I've no time to dilly-dally.

6) Jimmy Olsen's Blues - Spin Doctors
Took me a second to figure out how this got on the list. Once again, it's a little faker "my" in Jimmy. Once again, a mid-90's song that most people would probably recall upon hearing it. It sounds very much like their other hit from the same CD, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

7) Sit on My Face - Monty Python
Wow. I was hoping this would pop up on the list. A very short (46 seconds) military march by none other than the members of Monty Python's Flying Circus. Yes, it's lewd. It's also hilarious.

8) Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
Accursed fakers! Another Jimmy cheating his way into the list. Oh well, this song reflects the weather we've been having, I suppose. Can't say I'm a huge Buffet fan, but...(insert something here).

9) Carry on My Wayward Son - Kansas
Ah, another very nice song. Ummm...that's it.

10) ******* - ***********
******** planes ***8* and the bright ********** will ********* eat every****** ****** *** **** *** ****. BUT, ******** **** *** *** * ** *****. Watch out, *******. ********* *** ** ******* ** ************ ****** ****** chickens.

Well, that's it for today. And now off to an evil evil weekend of calculus, computer science projects, a speech, and assisting with a video project. Oh, and getting up early Saturday and Sunday. Can't forget that. Luckily, one of my best friends is Red Bull. And tea. I like these. Short, choppy sentences that is. Yup.

No comments: