Thursday, March 23, 2006

News and Such

Whoa! A lot of good gaming news in the past few hours.

First off, Sony's Playstation 3 has been confirmed as region-free. This doesn't necessarily excite me for Playstation 3, but maybe this will set a precedent for future consoles? Well, that'd be cool...

Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx games on Revolution! Nintendo has confirmed that Genesis and TurboGrafx games will appear as part of the Revolution's "virtual console." Mmm...now let's hope that they won't do something crazy like rent out downloads. Blah. I'm sure they will.

And finally...a new Legend of Zelda game slated for release sometime this year! This is on the DS and is currently titled Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass. It's cel-shaded and seems to make good use of the DS's features. Here's hoping it's a good one.

That's all the VG news for now. Sorry for the sort of...stiff news, but I'm feeling rather odd. I'm thinking tonight there will be a better post. Perhaps, anyways.

That's all for now! I promise more...umm...I don't know...real blogs in the future!

1 comment:

Joey said...

That may be reason enough for me to buy a Revolution now. The NES and SNES game by themselves had me more than interested.