Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sans Thesis

Well, the dreaded informative speech is over with. I felt rather prepared for this one, and wouldn't you know it, I wound up doing quite alright. A few seconds over the limit, but close enough. The topic, if you were interested in knowing, was "Comics as a Reflection of Culture." This name was chosen because 1) That's what I spoke about and 2) Because my wit was a little dull at the time of trying to think of a better title.

A great idea came into my little (err...actually, rather large) cranial cavity yesterday in my Visual Basic class. I don't want to spill the beans on it quite yet. I will say this, though - you will all be sorely disappointed if I DO decide to share my idea. Not because it's a bad idea, but because it's really no big deal at all. Just a little character I've come up with and am interested in pursuing something with.

In the past week or two, I have been thinking about my video game heroes. No, not Mario and Sonic...I'm talking about the likes of Shigeru Miyamoto, Will Wright, and Peter Molyneaux. Not sure why...but the recent Game Developers Conference probably has something to do with it. Ah well, who knows? Maybe it's a little thing called inspiration trickling into my brain? I sure hope so...

Finished up my weekly batch of comic reading. This OYL stuff that DC's playing with is driving me crazy! Suddenly throwing your storylines a year into the future will mess with just about anybody's mind, I suppose...why doesn't Superman have powers? No Kyle Rayner on Earth? What's up with Vandal Savage? Supergirl - a Legionnaire? WHA!? 52, you can't come soon enough.

Speaking of comics, Sonic the Hedgehog #160 came out. Guest appearances galore! Finally, the introduction of Bean and Bark. For you non-Sonic fans out there, these two made their debut way back in Sonic the Fighters. I like how Bean's personality is being handled...apparently he's completely nuts and hyper. And you can't complain about a Mario Sunshine reference in a Sonic comic! Much like I envisioned a green bomb-throwing duck. Finally, the Sonic art is picking up...

I think that's just about it for now. Can't say for sure why I wanted to post, but I did. And there you have it.

No comments: